Climate Chance Summit – Africa: CoM SSA will take the lead on 16 October!
Join the CoM SSA Conference on 16 October 2019 at the Climate Chance Summit – Africa, in Accra, Ghana. The theme of the conference is: “Towards the institutionalization of Local Climate action and access to finance”.
The event will take stock and share lessons learnt from the cities engaged in the initiative as well as moving forward.
Participants will reflect on:
- The lessons learned from the CoM SSA pilot cities and partners.
- How can we scale-up the successes of CoM SSA signatories? How can we ensure access to climate finance for local governments?
- How can we move from the Sustainable Energy Access and Climate Action Plans (SEACAPs) process to LDCs in order to foster the Paris Agreement?
- How to boost the implementation of SEACAPs through decentralized cooperation?
Meet the inspiring keynote speakers that will take part at the conference:
- Hon. Hajia Alima Mahama , Minister of Local Government and Rural Development of Ghana
- Mr. Leandre Nzue, President of UCLG Africa
- Mr. Mohammed Adjei Sowah, Mayor of Accra, Ghana
- Mr. Stefano Signore, Director DEVCO, European Commission
- Mr. Ronan Dantec, Senator, President, Climate Chance
- Mr. Jean Pierre Elong Mbassi, Secretary General, UCLG Africa
- Mr. Frédéric Vallier, Secretary General, CEMR
- Mr. Anthony Nyong, Director Climate Change and Green Growth, AfDB
For more information on the Conference Programme please click here and register now.
This is the last week for registration so visit website and register now.